Pulled Chicken Salad

>> Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It was soup & sandwiches last night. We didn't have any cooked chicken lying around so I had to cook some up. I decided to bake it cause I think it cooks more evenly then. I seasoned the boneless breasts with olive oil (and I almost always mean extra virgin), garlic powder, tarragon and s&p. As it was cooking, I hit it generously with white wine. White wine goes so nicely with tarragon in my opinion. Ok, I baked the chicken for like 20-25 minutes on 350F. Once cooked, I used two forks to pull the meat apart. It was nice and tender. Some juices formed in the sheet pan I was preparing the chicken on. I smothered the pulled chicken in it before I transfered it to a bowl. Then I added mayo (almost always Hellmann's), Maille dijon mustard, a hint more tarragon (would've loved fresh for this but dried sufficed) and a bit more salt. I served it on sesame seed rolls that I'd heated in the oven. It gave the crust a very slight crisp and the inside was nice and warm. It would've been nice to have some celery and carrot, finely diced for this salad but I didn't have any on hand.

On the side, I heated up a can of Progresso Italian-style wedding soup. They're the ones with the little meatballs with pasta in chicken broth. I'm not sure if it's the same thing, but we used to like Progresso Chickarina soup. The ingredients were similar. I'm still shopping for soup ideas and I'm spacing. Oh well, it'll come when it's ready.

The dinner was a success. We both really, really enjoyed the sandwich. Again, the finely diced veggies would've been nice but I didn't feel like I was missing anything. And believe me, it was a fat, satisfying sandwich. Steve actually put a slice of american cheese on his sandwich. I'm sure it was good. I just didn't go for it because I was overwhelmed by the very same cheese the night before. For dessert, I had a few pieces of no sugar added canned pears (store brand). I guess that was sorta healthy'ish. Alright guys, don't forget to take a break and Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP