Coconut Curry Chicken

>> Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Last night I tried a new recipe. After I downloaded it I saw that it was a Rachel Ray recipe. I've never tried one of her recipes. Actually, I'm not sure why I picked this one. I've only had Thai coconut curry once and I don't remember loving it. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I would've had it more than once. It wasn't a hard recipe which was good cause I was unfamiliar with some of the ingredients. It was my first time working with Chinese 5 spice powder.

She had you tossing your chicken strips in it with some s&p. Then the curry. It was cooked for a minute with olive oil. Next add the coconut milk and reduce by half. After you cook up the chicken strips you add the coconut curry part. It was served over rice.

Steve liked it but I had a problem with it. I expected it to be sweet for some reason. This is where it got tricky. Steve grabbed unsweetened coconut milk and the recipe didn't specify whether it should be sweetened or unsweetened. I have a feeling it might've been sweetened. At least that's what I wanted. As I was eating it, I hit it with a little granulated sugar. It helped. I kept adding a little more at a time. Steve didn't follow my lead. He was content with it as is. That made me feel a little better but it didn't solve my problem. Next time I make this dish I'm going to use sweetened coconut milk and add peas. That'd be nice. I cooked the chicken good though. It was tender, not overcooked. Sometimes I kill chicken. I completely overdo it til the point it's barely edible. It's that salmonella fear. Again, I may make this dish again but only with the minor changes. The sauce was thick and smooth. That was the enticing part. Okay folks, Eat Something Good!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP