China Garden

>> Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We ordered chinese food last night. And we got it delivered. Totally easy night. I got something I haven't had in a couple of years. General Tsao's Chicken with brown rice and an egg roll. Steve had the shrimp chow mein with white rice and fried noodles. And a shrimp roll. Oh, we both got soups as well. He got wonton; I got hot and sour.

Whenever we went out for chinese, my father would start by pointing to each of us and asking if we wanted soup. There was no question as to what kind of soup it was because he always ordered the same thing. Hot & sour. Anyway, mine wasn't great last night. The best parts were the pieces of pork. I actually ate the soup after I'd eaten everything else.

The General's chicken. Eh. I should've ordered something else. The pieces of chicken were like overfried and dried out. Some pieces were okay but a lot wasn't. The itty bitty pieces were alright because they were crispy. The sauce was a little spicier than I remember it being. I always picture a sweet kinda sauce. The egg roll was good. I only wished it were a little bigger and had more filling. I'm pretty sure Steve enjoyed his meal. He's ordered it twice before and didn't complain about it. I reminded him of that last night while he was having trouble figuring out what to get. My fortune was retarded. The cookie was good. I washed all this muck down with diet coke. Ah...Eat Something Good!

China Garden
980 S Lake Blvd
Mahopac, NY 10541

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP